Friday, January 2, 2015

What's your favorite book?

Hey, 

So inevitably almost everyone I meet asks me this one question once they find out I love books, or that I work at a library, or if they spend more than 10 minutes with me. "What's your favorite book?" The trouble is, I never know quite how to answer it.

You see, I've always loved reading...and because of that, I have many favorite books that are my favorites for many different reasons. I read primarily children's books..so I have favorites for different ages, reading levels, etc. But I also enjoy some teen books and I've occasionally been known to read a book for grown ups. 

But what do I usually do when faced with that question? Well - I usually try to narrow it down some..tell me a genre and an age bracket and I'll list off 4 or 5 of my top favorites. 

I'm not a writer (I'm an editor - but that's a whole 'nother story). BUT I miss talking to people about books. So this blog is so I can share books I feel like the world should know about, my thoughts on books and reading, and whatever else I feel like writing about at the time. 

Here's to 2015 and the books we'll read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment